Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Noah on Two Wheels




So my firstborn has taken the first big step toward eventual independence, he took off his training wheels and took off on his own for the first time.  No pushing or running beside him, he just fixed his pedals and off he went.  The celebration that followed was in true Noah style of jumping, spinning, wide-eyes, and tongue hanging out. (see picture below) 



With this exciting event also comes the sadness that every mom faces when a milestone is reached that makes her realize that her kids are growing up and aren't going to be little forever. 




Now, if I can just get him to ride to home from school safely.....


2 comments:

Jenn Pete said...

Congratulations Noah! Katy didn't ride without training wheels until we moved into this house (she was almost 8). In spring of 07 the chain kept coming off of one of the girls bikes, so when Darren went to fix it, he asked if they wanted their training wheels off. I did NOT want their training wheels off, but he didn't ask me, he asked them. And they said yes. The girls were only 4.5 yrs old. I think Jacob was Noah's age. Now I let him ride in the street...oh, he feels so free.

Will De Hart said...

Hey, I miss you guys. Just wanted to say hello, and see how things are going.