Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The times they are a changin'.....


So it's taken me over two months to post the much promised updates so I hope that someone out there will read this to help keep in touch with us since anyone who is or has ever been close to Matt and I know that we are not good at staying in touch to say the least. Life has changed a lot the last six months in more ways than I can even recount in any length of posting so I will summarize as best I can.
HOME: We began remodeling what seems like decades ago and are almost done, a post just for that will be coming soon with pictures of my lovely home that now reflects me and my family, hooray! People warned us that remodeling is a know marriage breaker but not for us, not to say there weren't times we would have loved to pop each others' heads off. (I say that in love of course) All in all it has been an experience that none will soon forget, or possibly want to remember depending upon the day you choose to reflect upon.

WORK: Matt has begun looking for a job and I am praying about either finishing my bachelors degree or just forgetting about it and starting to interpret professionally. We are no longer pastoring, by choice in case you were wondering, at this time because we felt like the Lord really wanted us to focus on Him and our family for a season. We've spent so much of the last 3 or so years focusing and helping other people that we haven't done a very good job of taking care of each other and loving on our family first, so now we are shifting.

FAMILY: The kids are getting BIG! Noah is in second grade and doing ok. We recently learned that he has extreme vision problems so we have begun some extensive treatment and he is now wearing glasses. Please pray for him, he doesn't like wearing his glasses but he desperately needs to wear them. He continues to be super energetic and very smart, I find myself saying everyday that if I could harvest just five minutes of his energy I could make millions!


Joshua is going to be five in February and is still our teddy bear. He loves to cuddle and is very caring, especially towards animals, we may have a future vet on our hands. He is still the brute of the bunch with his stocky build and he has learned that he can pin his brother when he wants to, but he usually likes to use his strength to tackle anyone that might be hurting or tickling Mommy or Faithie.


Hope is still petite but has gotten tall and lanky like her big brother Noah. Don't let her size fool you though, she has got a HUGE personality! She is a full fledged "little mommy" with her baby dolls but also with her brothers, she doesn't hold back to holler "boys, get down here now."

Well, thats all for now. It's getting late and its cold tonight so my fingers are getting a bit frozen. I will attempt to update more regularly now that things seem to be slowing down here at the King household. (all pics are from our recent trip to Colorado, I'll post more later)


No comments: