Monday, August 16, 2010

Noah is 8 and the Kindergarten countdown begins

Eight years ago today at 12:40am Noah Morrison King came into this world.  He was 7lbs 4oz and 19 inches long with a tiny bit of red hair.  Now he is 53 lbs and 4 feet tall!  Third grade, wait did I just say third grade, wow time flies, starts next week. We are excited to meet his teacher this Thursday and to find out next week if his eyesight is any better than before.  This will be the first year that he will have 504 services so we hoping and expecting an excellent year!


Joshua is starting Kindergarten this year and that just doesn't seem possible to me at all.  Of course everyone knows he is my cuddle bug so yes it is a bit harder for me to take him to school especially since he has been less than thrilled at the idea.  The last couple of weeks he has slowly warmed up to the idea and has said he's excited to see his classroom and meet his teacher this week, so far so good.  In true King boy fashion he chose a Buzz Lightyear backpack for Kindergarten, just like his brother did.  Looks like this year I will be joining the boo hoo crowd at the "Boo Hoo, Ya Hoo" breakfast for Kindergarten parents.  Noah was so excited to go that is was "whoo hoo" when he went, plus I had two babies at home at the time. This time it is more bitter than sweet as #2 of 3 heads to school and knowing that Hope starts next year. Then what will I do......



Oh, and I can not forget Miss Pre-K! Hope is super excited to go to pre-k at mother's day out this year. She had to have a new "big girl" backpack, lunch box, and clothes of course! She is turning into such a big girl so fast, and did I mention that she can already write her name, spell it in English and ASL, and she is learning to read.  Not bragging, just amazed at the difference between the boys and Hopper.  I'm not looking forward to her diva days but I am in expectation of lots of mommy/daughter time which is new for me and includes one of my favorite things; lots of reading!


No comments: