Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Noah!

So the day is here, Noah is 6 years old!! Wow how time flies. So I know I already blogged about his but something too cute not to share happened last night. Daddy aka: Matt, was tucking Noah into bed and asked him if he knew what tomorrow was. We try not to play up birthdays too early in advance because the little ones get fussy about it. Noah said he didn't know so Matt informed him in that excited whisper, "its your BIRTHDAY!" Instead of getting excited and giddy like Noah normally would he got a VERY serious look on his face and said "is it gonna hurt?" At first Daddy, aka: Matt, thought he was kidding but quickly realized that not only was Noah serious but very much concerned. He asked Noah what he meant and Noah grabbed his skin and said when my bones grow and get big, is it gonna hurt my skin and stuff? Daddy assured him that no, it wasn't going to hurt and that we don't grow big overnight, we grow throughout the year and on our birthdays just the number changes and we are a year older. We grow however God programmed us to grow and a little everyday.
After this little chat Noah drifted off to sleep without a care in the world and I imagine a thought or two about what he would get for his birthday. I know the excitement is killing you so here it is......he got a walking, talking, moving WALL-E toy. COOL right! So as I am writing this blog I have been caught by none other than the Birthday Boy himself and he wants me to take his picture so here it is world, my big 6 year old!

No comments: